Develop a professional network
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second-best time is now.
Having a strong professional network is an essential driver for outstanding personal performance at work. But to be an effective networker requires a range of skills that do not come naturally to most people.
This module provides a practical methodology to map and value your existing network, and strategically plan to build a more dynamic network, inside and outside your organisation, that can help deliver your career goals and wider personal ambitions.
Participants learn how to create a virtual strategy to effectively open and cultivate stronger business relationships without it feeling inauthentic or pushy. They learn how to systematically publish intelligent and engaging virtual content, to hook and attract new beneficial relationships and/or develop stronger connections with people in their existing professional network. Finally, they learn the behaviours and techniques to meet and engage individuals with confidence in any virtual or face-to-face networking situation and consciously develop new productive relationships that increase professional opportunities.
- Establish new business relationships by effective networking
- Define the objectives for developing a professional network
- Step out of my comfort zone and identify strategies to develop new and beneficial relationships
- Plan and strategically develop business networks
- Approach people and initiate relationships with confidence
- Understand the philosophy and techniques of successful virtual networking
- Model behaviours that show respect, helpfulness and cooperation in my network
- Create a strategy to develop a virtual network
- Convert targeted contacts into strong relationships
- Learning workshop
- Behaviour Change Workshop