I like the fact that listen is an anagram of silent.
This module defines the best practise business behaviours to prepare and lead effective and constructive meetings.
Participants discover the skills and techniques to set a considered agenda, manage timing and acceptable meeting behaviour. They learn how to keep control of any size meeting and ensure everyone contributes in a positive and open environment.
- Prepare to lead an engaging meeting
- Set and agree a clear agenda
- Confidently brief participants on the content and purpose of the meeting
- Confidently explain and uphold the meeting rules
- Confidently brief participants on their roles and acceptable meeting behaviour
- Manage time flexibly, whilst ensuring key objectives are met and participants are kept informed of changes to the agenda
- Develop a strategy to prevent dominant personalities from taking over
- Encourage all participants to make clear, concise and constructive contributions from their perspectives
- Confidently listen and ask questions to clarify points and check mutual understanding
- Check that decisions and action points are accurately recorded and promptly communicated to those who need to know
- Make sure everyone has a voice
- Stop people controlling the meeting or agenda
- Ensure everyone present shows respect for the views and actions of others
- Schedule to send out minutes post meeting
- Clarify specific objectives at the beginning of each agenda item
- Establish the purpose and objectives of the meeting
- Set a fixed time for the meeting to begin and end and allocate time appropriately for each agenda item
- State the purpose of the meeting at the start and check that all participants understand why they are present.
- Summarise the discussion at appropriate times and allocate action points to participants at the end of each agenda item
- Take decisions within the meeting’s authority, remit or terms of reference
- Evaluate whether the purpose and objectives of the meeting have been achieved and how future meetings could be made more effective
- Circulate relevant information in advance
- Learning workshop
- Embedding products